Maps/Directions to Texas A&M
• Driving Directions
• Bryan/College Station
• Easterwood Airport
• Campus Maps Center
• Rental Cars
• Dining & Lodging
• Parking on Campus
• Campus Map
• Printable Campus Map
For the vast majority of participants flying is the primary mode of travel.
Flying into College Station:
- College Station airport (CLL) is served by American Airlines (using Dallas Ft Worth, DFW as the hub) and Continental/Star Alliance (using Houston, IAH as the hub). DFW is approximately 200 miles from College Station, IAH is approximately 100 miles.
- There are 4 flights a day from DFW <--> CLL but 6 per day to/from IAH. Travelers should note that the last flights from DFW to CLL are at 4:10pm and 8pm. In the case of Continental Airlines from IAH there are flights to CLL at 3pm, 6pm, 7:30pm and 9:30pm.
An alternative is to use IAH as the final flight destination.
The conference will be running a limited bus service to Houston Airport;
probably a bus late on the Saturday afternoon and two on Sunday afternoon
preceding the main meeting. There will also be a bus going direct from
the conference on Friday 27th to IAH and again on Saturday 28th.
- To take advantage of this participants must have registered for the meeting by May 7 and indicated their flight time either on the registration form or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
- We will confirm these requests and also announce approximate bus times two weeks before the meeting. These will be optimized to pick up both the maximum number of participants and those coming from international flights. Make sure you have sent your flight information to firstname.lastname@example.org. Evening flights will be accomodated by the regular ground shuttle (see below).
- The pickup at IAH will be from outside the baggage claim in Terminal B (take the underground train from other terminals). There are two lanes: the inside lane is for personal vehicles, the outside is for buses and taxis and our chartered bus will leave from the outside lane. There will be a staff member on hand wearing a maroon shirt and holding a sign that says AIPC Conference.
- There is also a commercial shuttle available that goes between IAH and College Station. This will drop passengers directly off at their hotel. A prior reservation for this is strongly recommended.
- Renting a car is another option - the drive from IAH to the hotels in College Station is freeway the entire way except for the first and last mile. There is usually relatively minimal traffic and travel time is about 1.5 - 1.75 hours.
Other airport options:
- The driving time from Dallas-Ft Worth DFW to College Station is about 3 hours, perhaps more depending on traffic in the DFW area. There is no DFW shuttle service to College Station. Unless there is an independent reason to do so, the Houston option is far superior.
It is possible to fly into Austin (also 100 miles from College Station) but the only next move is to rent a car as there are no flights and no shuttle service to College Station. Austin airport has car rentals directly across from the terminal and, although not freeway, the drive is four lane/divided highway throughout and reasonably pleasant. Travel time is about 1.75 hours.
- All the listed hotels offer free parking. There is parking on campus directly opposite the conference location (North Side Parking Garage) but the cost is $2/hour.
- We will run a shuttle service in the morning and afternoon between the hotels and the conference location.