- The conference will run a shuttle bus from the hotels to and from the meeting on a daily basis; from 8 - 9am in the mornings and from 6 - 6:30pm in the evenings.
- It is certainly possible to walk from the Hampton Inn and Super 8 Hotel to the conference.
- For the other hotels (other than Vineyard Court) there is also a university bus that runs nearby. This is bus #12 and runs from the other side of the parking garage opposite Blocker (see bottom left of map) to the intersection of University Drive and Spring Loop. Stay on for two stops to get close to the Hilton. Bus times are: on the hour and half hour until 6pm leaving campus and at approximately 5 and 35 minutes past the hour on the return to campus. The full bus schedule/stops is here.
- For Vineyard Court ask at the reception desk.
- Some of the hotels do provide their own shuttle service to campus/airport.
- The conference will provide transportation for all social events.
Now the not-so-good news:
- There is indeed a parking garage opposite the conference in Blocker, but the cost is $2 per hour. Street parking is by meter with a time limit (and similar cost).
- Taxis in College Station do exist, but are neither frequent nor terribly reliable. They cost more than comparitive rates in London, New York or Tokyo.