Tuesday, 24th May, 7pm: Dinner in downtown Bryan.
The dinner will be hosted by the Department of Mathematics.
Your choice of TeX-Mex or Texas barbeque; the restaurants are Papa Perez and C&J Barbeque.
- You must select which option at registration on Monday.
Bryan is the adjacent town to College Station and the original
settlement in the area. The buildings in the centre date from the
late nineteenth century. There has been recent renovation and
the area is vibrant on weekend nights during term time with restaurants,
bars of various states of elegance, music, etc.
It will be much quieter on the 24th.
- Transportation will leave directly from the conference after the last talks. There will be an opportunity to spend some time in Bryan after the dinner as the bus transportation directly back to the hotels will run until 11pm. The return bus will pick-up on South Main and 28th Street and shuttle back to the hotels between 9:00-11:00.
Thursday, 26th May, 7.30pm: Conference banquet.
- This will be held in the Hilton Hotel.
- This is free to all registered participants but you must indicate attendance at registration (and also choose a menu option).
Friday, 27th May, 2pm: Visit to Bush Library
- Exhibits from the term in office of President George Bush, 1989-1993.
- The George Bush Presidential Library and Museum is located on a ninety-acre site on the West Campus of Texas A&M University. It operates under the administration of the National Archives and Records Administration.
- Sign up for this before noon on Thursday, 26th.